Parent & Spectator Code of Conduct
- Show appreciation of Coaches, Managers, Umpires and administrators.
- Respect officials’ decisions and teach children to do likewise. Respect the umpires’ and coaches decisions. If there is a disagreement, follow the appropriate procedure in order to question the decision and teach children to do likewise.
- Let the coach do the coaching. It is important to let the child listen to the coach, and follow their guidance. it can be confusing the child to have multiple people tell them what to do whilst game is in play.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.
- Remember that children learn best from examples - applaud good play by all teams and players.
- Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing a game.
- Encourage children always to participate according to the rules.
- Focus on the child’s efforts and performance rather than on winning or losing.
- Encourage children to participate - do not force them.
Remember: The children play sport for their own enjoyment, not yours